Hey internet friends. I hope the weekend was fantastic. I've been sidling my way into the online sphere more often (hey, look! Two weeks of posts all queued up for your lovely eyes). But the internet and I have a serious love-hate goin' on.
1) When you click on a link that has a catchy title, but then you realize it's an About.com article. Credibility DENIED.
2) When you get so far into link-clicking on the internet that you forgot the original post that you were reading and can't go back and finish the article that you started with. ACK!
3) When you comment on someone's Facebook status and they comment right back, prompting you to make another comment. And then they comment back. And the you realize that you probably should just email each other and spare the rest of the world that doesn't care about those brown boots you borrowed that one time.
4) When you spend 30 minutes that you meant to spend paying bills reading The Bloggess. UGHHHH.
5) When someone sends you an email that says "OHMIGOD-THIS-IS-SO-FUNNY-CLICK-THIS-LINK-RIGHT-NOW-YOU'LL-LOVE-IT" and it turns out that the link is broken. And then you feel how you feel when you open a gag gift at your office Christmas party.
6) When you have so many windows open that your computer goes into hyperdrive and it sounds like it's blasting off into space. And then you see the little pinwheel of death. For three actual minutes. And you have to resist the urge to hurl it against the wall.
7) When you ask your dad to Google something and he goes to Yahoo and types in "Google".
8) When you read an article and it says "Go to our website for more information about this event" and you click the link and it takes you to the website and then you STILL HAVE TO FIND THE DAMN INFORMATION YOU WERE LOOKING FOR IN THE FIRST PLACE.
9) When bloggers link back to their previous posts every third word and you don't even want to finish the article because you feel like you have 4 hours of reading backlinks before you'll even BEGIN to understand the meaning of a 300 word post.
10) Facebook chat. Because I want to be your friend so I can stalk you and see if you have a hot ex-girlfriend, but really I don't want you to have the power to ask me about my day.
What annoys the ever-loving shit out of you when it comes to the interwebz?